I am in the middle of a setback. It is not minor or major. It is a setback that requires me to be aware about my possibilities and patient with my emotions. I’m doing a lot of reading and listening to help me live through the setback. I’m sharing my reading/listening list because maybe you will find some insight and comfort, as well.
- I found out that Senior Advisor to President Obama Valerie Jarrett’s favorite Earth Wind & Fire song is ‘Reasons,’ thanks to the Another Round podcast.
- It is an ongoing juggle to work in environments that demand conformity at the risk of your emotional health. Erica Joy shares her work journey as a black women in the tech industry.
- Insightful post-mortem on how SB Nation pushed a story on football player/police office/convicted rapist Daniel Holzclaw through the editorial process. Note: It is valuable to listen to all perspectives when it comes to stories on people who are convicted rapists.
- I read 4 Ways to Avoid Toxic Relationships Altogether once a month. #LIFEAFFIRMING
- I can’t stop listening to Sunday Candy. Thanks, NY TIMES.
- Texting while dating is hard. Texting while dating is harder when you use texting as a weird weapon of leverage.
Happy reading and listening,